BIOC6006 Classblog - 2010

Post comments and links relating to interesting genetic findings, announcements, papers and seminars to share them with your classmates. Your literature review abstracts will be posted here as well.

25.4.06

Epigenetic influences may explain dental differences in monozygotic twin pairs

As I am monozygotic twins, I am interested in any article about twins.
Specially, I have a missing teeth since I was born. And suprigingly, My twin sister got a teeth on her palate when she was twelve years old. At that time we thought, that teeth was mine and she took a my teeth.

This paper is about dental differences in monozygotic twin pairs and relating to epigenetic.
The aim of this paper is to determine the prevalence of discordant expression for simple hypodontia (missing teeth) and supernumerary teeth (extra teeth) in monozygotic twin pairs and to explain how phenotype differences might occur despite their similar genotypes.

Hope you guys enjoy to reading this article.

Cheers!

Patricia


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home